While choosing Turkey as a study destination may appear to be a holiday, the quality of teaching and employment opportunities available here can help you establish your career. Turkey boasts some of the most famous universities to satisfy your academic demands if you want to study Computer Engineering. A master’s degree in computer engineering focuses on software development and engineering, but it also includes a study of the physical nature and functioning of computers, as well as electrical engineering. Check out some of Turkey’s best Computer Engineering universities.
Best Computer Engineering Universities in Turkey
Kadir Has University (KHU) was established in Istanbul in 1997. The university is committed to becoming a leader in educational and cultural fields in Turkey, as well as a global centre for research and scientific growth, with its five faculties of Engineering and Natural Sciences, Economics and Administrative Sciences, Communication, Law, and Fine Arts, as well as several vocational schools.
The Department of Computer Engineering was founded in 1997 as part of the Faculty of Engineering, which later became the Faculty of Engineering and Natural Sciences. Graduate students in the Computer Engineering program can specialise in areas where scientific and technical achievements have lately expanded, such as software engineering, algorithm analysis, and design, parallel programming, computer networks, mobile apps, and online services. Concurrent to the changes in all of these sectors, the need for highly skilled workers is rising both in Turkey and beyond. Engineers with a master’s degree and up-to-date scientific backgrounds graduate from the M.S. Program, which adds to this workforce. Graduates from Kadir Has University can continue their professional careers in the ICT industry or enrol in Ph.D. programs in universities, where they can tackle open and challenging problems in computer science and engineering, equipped with research- and application-oriented background that covers the sub-disciplines of computer engineering broadly and their own specialisation area deeply.
The Graduate School of Engineering and Science oversees the graduate programs at Bilkent University’s Faculty of Engineering and Science. Since 1986, the graduate school has been developing and nurturing leaders as a leading education and research institution. Students are exposed to real-world projects and conceptual problem-solving approaches, in addition to regular classroom coursework. Programs are aimed to assist students to grasp real-world situations, expand their cultural horizons, and contributing to the interplay of technology, science, and society. M.S. and Ph.D. programs are available at the Department of Computer Engineering. Algorithms, artificial intelligence, bioinformatics, computer graphics, computer networks, computer vision, cryptography, databases, data mining, embedded systems and robotics, information retrieval, internet computing, mobile and wireless systems, natural language processing, parallel and grid computing, pattern recognition, performance evaluation and analysis, scientific computing, and software engineering are some of the current areas of research.
Yasar Institution, a foundation university with an English medium, is located in the heart of Izmir, on Turkey’s gorgeous west coast. The institution provides more than 60 undergraduate and graduate degree programs. Students are given every chance to make the most of their university years by receiving a professional education in a welcoming environment. The Department of Computer Engineering seeks to equip students with the ability to implement engineering design and development principles to the construction of hardware and/or software systems of varying complexity while taking into account realistic constraints such as cost, manufacturability, safety, and environmental concerns, as well as usability, aesthetics, and simplicity. In general, the department’s goal is to produce engineers with a wealth of knowledge and expertise in both theory and practice.
Bahçeşehir University (BAU) is a private Turkish university situated on the Bosporus in Istanbul. In Bahçeşehir University, Computer Engineering Graduate Program courses are focused on four specific areas:
- Specialisation in Computer Science (CS): It is a module for those interested in the Basic Computer Engineering Program who want to learn about applications and technical issues including parallel computing, computer architectures, programming languages, and design patterns.
- Specialisation in Computer Networks and Mobile Communications (CNMC): It is a unit for people who are interested in mobile computing, wireless communication, and Internet technologies and who want to learn about applications and technical subject areas like cellular networks, 3G and 4G systems, multimedia communications, the Internet, network analysis, network security, and encryption.
- Specialisation in Artificial Intelligence (AI): It is a course for those interested in learning about the methodologies and applications of finance, insurance, telecommunications, and analysis in the industrial sector, where data modelling and analysis are applied.
- Computer Vision (CV): It is a module for those who want to master cutting-edge approaches and algorithms for solving real-world vision issues including object recognition, motion analysis, scene reconstruction, and face detection and modelling.
Graduates of Yildiz Technical University’s Computer Engineering master’s degree are required to pursue careers in consultancy or research and development of computer and information systems in a variety of industries. The master’s program in computer engineering at Yildiz Technical University has a number of objectives:
- To give students a theoretical understanding of various methodologies in order to construct computer and information systems
- To provide students with appropriate practical knowledge and experience for the evaluation and design of computer and information systems
- Students’ analytical, critical, and problem-solving abilities will be developed in order to prepare them for their future industrial careers and advanced research projects.
Yeditepe University’s Computer Engineering program includes the design and engineering of computer hardware and software. It is a combination of computer engineering and computer science courses that teaches students how to design computers and computer systems, as well as how to use computers in a variety of engineering applications. Students receive a well-rounded education in the four major areas of computing: theory, abstraction, design, and practice. The basic mathematical or scientific foundations of computers are described in theory. Students may be required to conduct research with a diverse group of faculty members who are experts in their fields, and to educate highly regarded undergraduates in fundamental engineering principles and modern practices so that they can quickly identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems using a systematic approach, as well as to adapt to rapidly changing technological advances and play critical roles in multidisciplinary teams. The vision of doing this is to be one of the world’s top computer engineering departments, with cutting-edge facilities for conducting research with top academics and training world-renowned scientists.
The Master of Science in Computer Engineering at METU Middle East Technical University is designed to meet the requirement for specialised computer scientists and engineers in industry and higher education, as well as to provide qualified students from various academic disciplines with the opportunity to further their education in Computer Engineering and Software Engineering at an advanced level. Students can choose from a variety of specialties:
- Algorithms and Data Structures
- Artificial Intelligence
- Computer Networks and Distributed Systems
- Computer Graphics
- Pattern Recognition and Image Analysis
- Numerical Computation
- Operating Systems
- Parallel Computing
- Programming Languages
- Software Engineering
- Natural Language Processing
- Neurocomputing and Modelling
MS in Computer Engineering, MS in Computer Engineering without thesis, and MS in Software Engineering without thesis are the three Master of Science (MS) programs offered in METU Middle East Technical University. The second and third programs are for students who do not want to conduct thesis work but still want to further their educational and professional goals. Graduate students in these programs must complete additional coursework required to demonstrate a sufficient breadth of expertise in Computer Engineering or Software Engineering.
The Master’s degree in Computer Engineering, which began in February 2002, is one of Atilim University’s two oldest programs in the Graduate School of Natural and Applied Sciences. The master’s program offers both thesis and non-thesis alternatives. The master’s program in computer engineering at Atilim Technical University has a number of objectives to offer students:
- Adequate understanding of mathematics, physics, and computer engineering-specific disciplines; the ability to apply theoretical and practical knowledge of these areas to complicated engineering issues.
- The capacity to recognize, define, create, and solve difficult engineering issues, as well as choose and apply appropriate analytical and modelling tools.
- The capacity to design a complicated system, process, gadget, or product to satisfy precise needs under actual limits and situations; the ability to use current design approaches for this goal.
Cankaya University’s graduate program in Computer Engineering is tailored to fulfil the needs of students preparing for careers as computer engineers, scientists, or academics. Ambitious students from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to pursue a degree in Computer Engineering. At the advanced level, students can specialise in operating systems, networking, image processing, information retrieval, software engineering, geographic information systems, information security, and gamification. Cankaya University’s Department of Computer Engineering offers two master’s degree programs: MS in Computer Engineering and MS in Computer Engineering sans thesis. The latter program is for students who do not want to work on a thesis but still want to further their educational and professional goals.
I hope this article on Best Universities for Computer Engineering in Turkey was helpful? I look forward to your questions, comments, and feedback. Keep them coming! Do visit the Best medical Universities in Turkey page to find out more about universities in Turkey!