Feeds Topics Living Abroad New UK Immigration System: what you need to know

  • Creator
  • #51055


    Procedure for obtaining a visa

    For applications to work, live, and study in the United Kingdom, new immigration routes have emerged.

    You can apply for a visa and pay for it online.

    You’ll be prompted to enter your biometric details when you apply. This is how it’s done:

    EU, EEA and Swiss citizens

    Most visas require a digital photo of your face taken with a smartphone app. You will not be required to submit your fingerprints.

    For some routes, you’ll need to get your photo taken at an international visa application center.

    Non-EU citizens

    At an overseas visa application centre, you’ll continue to provide your fingerprints and a photo.

    Skilled workers

    A route for skilled workers with a job offer from an approved company sponsor is included in the points-based system.

    The job you’ve been offered must have a required skill level of RQF3 or above(equivalent to A level).

    You must also be able to communicate in English and be paid the appropriate pay threshold by your sponsor. The general salary threshold of £25,600 or the going rate for your position, whichever is higher, will be used.

    Global talent scheme

    EU, EEA, and Swiss people are now eligible to participate in the global talent scheme. It allows highly qualified scientists and researchers to travel to the United Kingdom without having a job offer.

    International students and graduates

    EU, EEA, and Swiss citizens now have access to Student visa. If you want to study in the UK, you can apply for a visa if you meet the following criteria:

    • have been offered a place on a course
    • are able to communicate in English (speaking, reading, writing, and understanding)
    • and have enough money to support yourself and pay for your course

    International students who have finished a degree in the United Kingdom can now apply for a new graduation visa.

    Visiting the United Kingdom

    When visiting the UK for up to 6 months, EU, EEA, and Swiss citizens, as well as other non-visa countries, do not require a visa. All migrants seeking access to the UK for other purposes (such as work or study) must apply for entry clearance ahead of time.

    Before visiting the UK as a guest, Check what is permitted under the visitor immigration rules.

    Getting married

    If you wish to visit the UK to be married or register a civil partnership, you must apply for a Marriage Visitor visa.

    For more information about this new Immigration System, check here.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 posts June 2018