Feeds Topics Study Abroad Study Abroad without IELTS or TOEFL

  • Creator
  • #14561

    Deborah Etim

    IELTS or TOEFL is a primary criterion for admission when applying to study abroad, although many universities throughout the world will admit you and you can study abroad without IELTS or TOEFL, including Germany, the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Norway, and even the United Kingdom.
    You may be wondering how then to show proof of your English proficiency since it is necessary. Well, that is where your English Proficiency Certificate comes in. It is a letter that you can use to demonstrate your English proficiency instead of IELTS or TOEFL. English Proficiency Letter indicates that you have completed your studies in English, that your institute’s language is English, and that your courses are taught in English. This letter can be obtained from your university’s professor, vice chancellor or lecturer. Interestingly, obtaining this certificate requires little or no money (depending on your institution), and it is a lot better than writing any of the English proficiency exams.

    Here is a list of universities and countries around the globe that allows you apply without IELTS or TOEFL.


    • The University of Queensland

    • The University of Adelaide

    • The University of New South Wales

    • Macquarie University

    • Bond University

    • The University of South Australia

    • The University of Southern Queensland

    • Swinburne University of Technology


    For the Canadian universities listed below, you are not required to submit proof of language proficiency if you have lived and attended school in an environment where English was the primary language for at least four years.

    • Brock University

    • Carleton University

    • University of Winnipeg

    • University of Regina

    • Memorial University

    • Concordia University


    China is famous for its Chinese Government Scholarships. And almost 70% of Chinese Universities do not require English proficiency proof. Without IELTS or TOEFL, you can study in China.


    If you wish to study abroad without taking the IELTS, Malaysia is a good option. Malaysia is one of Asia’s most popular study destinations.
    For Bachelor’s Degree Programs, Master’s Degree Programs, and PhD Degree Programs, no English exam proof is required.

    The United Kingdom

    The UK universities listed below do not require for IETLS or TOEFL if you apply to study at the same university where you received your first degree or if you have a degree that was taught exclusively in English.

    • University of Bristol

    • The University of Bolton

    • London Southbank University

    • Robert Gordon University

    Applying to these universities will save you the stress and financial commitment of writing the IELTS or TOEFL exams.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 posts June 2018