Feeds Topics Study Abroad Useful links for PhD and Post-Doc research in Germany

  • Useful links for PhD and Post-Doc research in Germany

    uzomaloguh updated 1 year, 7 months ago 5 Members · 9 Replies
  • Michael

    April 1, 2022 at 7:54 am

    @irshad did you get a chance to review the links share in this thread?

  • Irshad Hussain

    April 8, 2022 at 4:39 pm

    Thank you, guys.

    This is really amazing.

    • Michael

      April 10, 2022 at 8:15 pm

      So did you check out any of them?

      Let us know how it goes.

  • Michael

    October 4, 2022 at 7:01 am

    @uzomaloguh I am mentioning you in this post, so you see the link to the DAAD website, the first on the list.
    Take a moment to check it out, navigate to the section for international study programs and use the filters to narrow down your search. This would be the first step in shortlisting courses to apply for in Germany.
    Feel free to reply to this Gist when you have questions/comment/feedback.

    • uzomaloguh

      October 5, 2022 at 10:23 am

      Thank you Mike. This is helpful

      • Michael

        October 6, 2022 at 6:26 am

        So, did you manage to check the link and shortlist some universities/courses?
        The DAAD website could be a bit tricky to use sometimes, but if you pay close attention to the details, you will understand how to use it perfectly.
        Also, the website may be used to search for scholarships as well. So, for those looking for scholarships in Germany/Europe, the DAAD website is a resourceful platform for that purpose.
        Feel free to update us and share your feedback/questions here.

        • uzomaloguh

          October 7, 2022 at 4:18 pm

          Yes, I found some relating to my career path. for instance this https://www.tu-ilmenau.de/en/study/before-the-study/range-of-courses/master/media-and-communication-science-ma-1 however it requires IELTS.

          So does german schools require Eglish language certificates from Nigerian applicats?

          • Destiney Arkaden

            October 7, 2022 at 4:27 pm

            Not always, even for schools that ask for it, it may be waived sometimes. Most people from English-speaking countries or who studied in English language only need to show proof that their previous studies were done in English language. For instance, most Nigerians use a document called ‘Certificate of English language proficiency’ usually issued by the registrar of the university.

            So, you should request this document and use it in place of the English language test.

          • uzomaloguh

            October 7, 2022 at 4:40 pm

            wow! Thanks very helpful

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 posts June 2018